In this episode, Stephanie interviews Emily Pardy, a marriage and family counselor and the founder of Ready Nest Counseling to discuss challenges many new parents experience. Emily identifies various life adjustments, emotional challenges, and relationship struggles that may occur once baby is born.
You’ll leave this interview with simple, actionable steps to gracefully navigate some of these changes. You’ll also learn where to go for more information and support, should you choose to be proactive or if you’re currently experiencing these issues.
- Emily’s background, training, and personal journey
- Challenges a new baby presents to a marriage/relationship
- Adjustments and emotional implications
- Five steps for effective communication
- Important things to discuss before baby comes
- Managing resentment
- Realistic ways to reconnect with your partner
- Resources for couples navigating new parenthood
- Her top three pieces of advices for new parents
Enjoy the listen!
- Ready Nest Counseling
- Sit. Stay. Good Marriage ebook
- For All Maternity ebook
- Dudes to Dads podcast
- Good Dad Project podcast
- The Informed Pregnancy Podcast with Dr. Berlin
- Nourish Medical Center
- Steph’s Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Handbook